Without a doubt, our diets play a significant role in our health, well-being, and general outlook on life. Throughout human history and evolution, we’ve usually been able to get enough nutrients from our food to be generally healthy and well.
Unfortunately, this is getting more difficult. As the years pass and as our entire food industry changes rather dramatically (more chemicals and processed foods, fewer natural and whole foods, etc.), it is now far more challenging to consume the nutrients we need to maintain general health.
That is why taking dietary supplements has become so important, and zinc supplementation is just one of many daily supplements that health-conscious folks should consider.
What is Zinc? Simply defined, Zinc is a naturally-occurring mineral that is essential to human health. According to one source:
- “Zinc is needed for the proper growth and maintenance of the human body. It is found in several systems and biological reactions, and it is needed for immune function, wound healing, blood clotting, thyroid function, and much more.”
As the food we eat becomes gradually more processed and chemically altered, fewer Americans get sufficient zinc nutrients from their daily food consumption. Some studies even suggest that the majority of the American population does not consume enough Zinc to meet daily dietary recommendations. That is why people should consider adding a dietary zinc supplement to their daily meal plan to ensure they are giving their body the healthful nutrients it needs.
A zinc deficiency can lead to problems in the:
- Epidermal (skin) system
- Gastrointestinal system
- Central nervous system
- Immune system
- Skeletal system
- Reproductive system
A zinc deficiency often manifests as (or contributes to):
- Slowed growth
- Low insulin levels
- Loss of appetite
- Generalized hair loss
- Rough and dry skin
- Slow wound healing
- Poor sense of taste and smell
- Disorders of the intestine
- Chronic kidney failure
- Chronic debilitating diseases.
- Altered vision (severe changes to the retina)
- Male infertility
- Sickle cell disease
- Major depression
- Type 2 diabetes
What’s the answer to a zinc deficiency? Taking a daily zinc supplement, of course!
Zinc Benefits, What this Nutrient Does for Your Body and How
The human body does not store Zinc, hence why Zinc needs to be consumed regularly for the body to benefit from the trace mineral. Several sources have confirmed numerous zinc health benefits. Some of the benefits of daily zinc supplementation include:
- Immune System Support. Zinc is a crucial building block for immune cells. That means Zinc is needed to create the cells that the body uses to fight off infection and illnesses. Taking daily zinc supplements can reduce the duration of a common cold, and Zinc has also been proven to promote immune response in older adults.
- Anti-Oxidant Support. Zinc reduces oxidative stress, hence its ideal function as an anti-oxidant. This can help prevent chronic illnesses later on in life, potentially even increasing one’s lifespan.
- Restore Loss of Taste/Smell. One of the enzymes within the human body that monitors taste and smell relies crucially on Zinc minerals for proper function. A zinc deficiency thus starves this enzyme of the nutrient it needs to function. However, a daily zinc supplement can reinvigorate that enzyme and restore taste and smell.
- Skin Problems and Baldness. About 5 percent of the body’s zinc content is held in the skin where it performs critical skin health functions. A zinc deficiency robs the skin of this essential nutrient, leading to dry skin, rashes, acne, and hair loss. A daily boost of natural Zinc can help reverse those unpleasant phenomena.
- Speeds Up the Healing Process. Zinc is commonly used in hospitals to treat burns, ulcers, and other skin injuries, and that’s because Zinc plays a critical role in collagen synthesis, immune function, and inflammatory response. All of these are crucial to proper healing.
- Mental Lethargy/Sluggishness. Zinc can help boost cognitive performance, likely because of its anti-oxidative effects.
- Low Muscle Mass, Low Libido, and Low Testosterone. Zinc can have a powerful effect on boosting proper hormone function, hence why zinc supplementing can lead to amplified testosterone, increased libido, muscle growth, etc.
- Anti-viral effects. Because Zinc supports the growth of immune cells, Zinc can have a direct impact on not only helping people stay healthy and get sick less often, but it can even help reduce the duration of illnesses when people do get sick.
A crucial mineral and a fundamental building block for the human body, there are no limits to the potential health benefits of zinc supplements!
Natural Zinc by Immune Solution – The One and Only Zinc Supplement for Better Health!
Immune Solution recently launched a high-quality zinc product, all-natural Zinc, for use in boosting general health. Any of the above health benefits may occur when one takes Zinc, but there could be other benefits too. Results will vary depending on what the individual’s body needs. In a lot of ways, Zinc serves to isolate and address the body’s needs and deficiencies, whatever they happen to be.
For a limited time, when you order one bottle of Natural Zinc, you can receive a bottle of Purified Shilajit for 50% off! Just add both items to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied to your purchase. And if you have any questions or special requests, don’t hesitate to reach out to us!