Simply defined, broccoli seed extract (also called sprouted broccoli seeds) is a nutritional supplement composed of the sprouted broccoli seed (a seed that has already germinated and produced leafy shoots). Incredibly nutritious, Incredibly nutritious, Immune Solution’s 100% Natural Broccoli Seed Extract can meet several health needs for people looking to supplement their diet with extra nutrition.
Cruciferous, Sulforaphane, Glucoraphanin, and Glutathione: What Do These Words Mean, and Why are They So Important?
When trying to understand natural health remedies, healthy eating, dietary supplements, vitamins, herbal remedies, and holistic health, it’s not uncommon to come across confusing technical terms and scientific data. Though it may be surprising to some, natural health is a highly scientific subject, with natural remedies well-backed up by science and even based in the science of the natural world.
The problem is, though, most people won’t likely understand the technical terms, and that can lead to confusion and a general disillusionment with the field. At Immune Solution®, we’re dedicated to providing our customers with the best herbal remedies and bringing to market the best dietary supplements available. We want our customers to know that these products work but also why they work.
So with that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the technical terms associated with broccoli seed extract, and why this supplement is critical to your health:
- What is a cruciferous vegetable? Cruciferous vegetables include arugula, bok choy, broccoli, Brussels sprout, cabbage, cauliflower, collard green, kale, radish, spinach, Swiss chard, and turnip, to name a few. The term “cruciferous” refers to a type of edible vegetable whose four-petaled flowers look like a crucifer, or cross. Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli are low-calorie, rich in folate, vitamins C, E, and K, and very rich in fiber.
- What is sulforaphane? Sulforaphane is a sulfur-rich compound that acts as a selective antibiotic and, when consumed in raw, uncooked broccoli, has numerous health benefits – such as cancer prevention, heart health support, anti-diabetic effects, etc.
- What about glucoraphanin? Glucoraphanin, known for its health benefits, is simply the compound form of inactive sulforaphane. Once broccoli is cut or chewed, the glucoraphanin in the plant produces sulforaphane.
- And what is glutathione? Simply stated, glutathione is the primary antioxidant in broccoli and one of the critical elements within broccoli that gives it much of its health benefits. Glutathione is essential for proper immune system function, is vital in building & repairing tissue, and is capable of preventing damage to important cellular components.
What are the Health Benefits of Broccoli?
Here’s a quick look at a few of broccoli’s health benefits:
- a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- antioxidant properties boost immune health by removing from the body free radicals, thereby helping reduce cancer risk.
- contains the “indole-3-carbinol” compound, a substance that may have a powerful effect in the prevention of tumors.
- is rich in calcium & vitamin C, both essential in bone health & collagen health.
- is rich in potassium, helping prevent cardiovascular disease.
- contains vitamin K, which plays a role in blood coagulation and can help prevent osteoporosis.
- helps improve skin health due to its high potency of vitamin C.
- is high in fiber, helping aid the digestive process.
- may have anti-inflammatory effects, potentially reducing pain levels and even negating the need for pain relievers.
- sulforaphane content may help manage type 2 diabetic blood sugar levels.
That’s just a glimpse of the potential health benefits of eating broccoli. There are many others!
Instead of Taking a Supplement, Why Not Just Eat Broccoli?
We do recommend you continue to eat broccoli! Remember, dietary supplements are called supplements because they are meant to supplement a healthy diet! We would never encourage you to replace your daily servings of vegetables with a supplement. However, taking supplements does help you receive vital vegetable nutrients many people struggle to get in their day-to-day meals.
Another reason broccoli seed extract supplementation is so critical is people often reduce the health potential & nutritional capacity of vegetables by how they prepare such foods. For example, boiling broccoli or overcooking it destroys sulforaphane, one of the critical health compounds found in broccoli.
We are going to write a separate article on how to prepare vegetables to maintain their healthful nutrients (be sure to check back in a few days for a first look at that article!), but even with a proper change in food preparation, supplementing with sprouted broccoli seed extract is still a fantastic way to maximize health benefits.
Broccoli Seed Extract from Immune Solution®
The 100% Natural Broccoli Seed Extract from our Immune Solution® natural health experts is an Ayurvedic (ancient Hindu) medicine and entirely vegan supplement that also acts as an antioxidant. Ayurveda is a more than 3,000-year-old alternative medicine system with historical roots in the Indian subcontinent. Ayurveda is heavily practiced in India and Nepal, where around 80% of the population report using it.
Because of broccoli seed extract’s antioxidant function, the supplement helps protect against inflammation and disease-causing oxidative stress. Broccoli seed extract also has anti-cancer properties, in that it helps eliminate carcinogens within the body. In fact, the National Cancer Institute even sponsored a study now published by the National Institute of Health which proved broccoli seed extract’s efficacy in lowering the presence of carcinogens within the body (effectively reducing cancer risk).
Why not try a bottle of our 100% Natural Broccoli Seed Extract? Healthy cell replication, antioxidant elements, anti-inflammatory properties… the potential benefits seem endless!
If you have questions or would like to learn more about how our health products can benefit you & your family, please send us a message via our convenient contact form, email us at email@example.com, or call us directly at (727) 768-4688. We look forward to hearing from you!
Until next time, thank goodness for broccoli!
Immune Solution® Writing Staff