According to a recent study, somewhere between 60 and 70 million Americans are affected by a digestive ailment. One of the most common end-results of such ailments is a digestive system that does not break down and assimilate nutrients from food properly, especially protein nutrients. This makes staying healthy difficult, as proper digestion of nutrients is critical to health.
What if there was a supplement that could help aide healthy digestion and do a host of other beneficial things? Such a supplement exists, a natural supplement derived from pineapple plants. The supplement is called bromelain, and for a significant percentage of the population, bromelain might be exactly what’s needed to live a more healthful, comfortable life.
What is Bromelain?
Simply stated, bromelain is a key enzyme found in the fruit and stem of the pineapple plant. In South and Central America, pineapple has been used for centuries by indigenous tribes to treat indigestion and inflammation. However, it wasn’t until the 1800s that the bromelain enzyme was isolated from the pineapple plant and extracted for medicinal use.
Bromelain acts as a protein-digesting enzyme, assisting the body in processing proteins and other nutrients that the digestive system might not be breaking down and assimilating correctly on its own. When ingested orally, bromelain supplements can also aid digestion, relieve osteoarthritis, and alleviate soreness and muscle ache symptoms.
Bromelain can also be applied topically. As a cream, it’s used to remove dead skin, soothe burns, reduce inflammation and swelling, and even help clear the nasal passages.
While some bromelain is assimilated into the body when one eats pineapple, simply adding pineapple to one’s diet is not enough to receive a sufficient bromelain dose. Most doses are measured at 80 to 400 milligrams, far more than one would ingest from consuming one serving of pineapple. That’s why taking bromelain supplements is essential for improving one’s health.
A Healthful Supplement – The Potential Benefits of Bromelain
Bromelain is one of nature’s best general-purpose, healthful agents. Bromelain supplementation can have several positive outcomes, depending on what your body needs. Like much of the supplements, minerals, nutrients, and organic matter found in the natural world, bromelain serves multiple purposes and can have a range of beneficial outcomes. Some such benefits include:
- Osteoarthritic relief. One scientific study found that bromelain’s anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties make it an effective treatment for physical pain, soft-tissue swelling, and joint stiffness. Furthermore, bromelain is thought to be an excellent pain-relief alternative for individuals who do not want to take prescription pain relievers or over-the-counter pain medicines.
- Cardiovascular aide. While bromelain is not said to “treat” or “cure” anything, taking a daily bromelain supplement can help reduce cardiovascular disease symptoms or help prevent the onset of cardiovascular disease. Bromelain helps inhibit blood platelet aggregation (something that leads to blood clot formation). Because of bromelain’s healthful effect on the blood, cardiovascular health is improved by taking the supplement.
- Potential relief for asthma patients. Another study showed that bromelain’s anti-inflammatory effects might benefit individuals with asthma or other forms of allergic airway disease.
- Sinus decongestant. A pilot study found that bromelain tablets were quite effective in alleviating swelling, congestion, and other symptoms typically associated with chronic sinusitis.
- Burn relief. When used as a topical cream, bromelain can significantly relieve burns, namely second- and third-degree burns.
- Potential cancer preventative. A 2010 study found that bromelain shows promise as a cancer preventative. Bromelain may be able to prevent cancer cell growth.
As with any health supplement or dietary supplement, it’s essential to seek the advice of a medical professional before taking bromelain. Part of why bromelain has so many potential health benefits is because it does react differently on different people, depending on the nutritional deficiencies and “body needs” of each person who takes it. Individual results may vary, and seeking medical advice is always recommended before adding a new nutritional supplement to one’s diet.
Immune Solution’s Bromelain Supplement
Immune Solution has created a 100% natural bromelain supplement, a highly effective and healthy digesting enzyme free of fillers, binders, gluten, yeast, dairy, soy, wheat, or artificial ingredients. An ayurvedic medicine with hundreds of years of use, Immune Solution’s Bromelain dietary supplement is the best bromelain available, refined, pure, and completely natural and organic.
Because of its purity and lack of additives and fillers, Immune Solution’s bromelain has provided our customers with additional benefits like:
- Alleviation of digestive disorders and the achievement of healthy, regular digestion.
- Joint support and a reduction in joint-related pain.
- Reduction of swelling and inflammation connected to sore muscles.
- Balancing of stomach acids and improvement of stomach function.
- Boosting immune response and overall immune support.
Creating a healthy life goes above and beyond eating well, exercising, and getting enough sleep. Some enzymes, like bromelain, simply do not exist in quantities significant enough in our food to get the nutrient levels our bodies need. That’s why 100% natural bromelain supplements are so critical to health.
You can place an order for your bottle of Immune Solution 100% Bromelain, a natural protein digestion enzyme, right here from our site.
And to learn more about our markets and other products, feel free to send us a message or call our office at (727) 768-4688.
Until next time, health and wellness to all!
Immune Solution Writer