A critical component to a happy, fulfilling life is to maintain a healthy body. So much of happiness, contentment, and general peace of mind comes from simply feeling healthy and well. In fact, there is a significant amount of research that indicates the healthier a person is, the more likely he or she is to be happy and content in life.
There are many different types of health problems that human beings can accrue, some being more common than others. Without a doubt, digestive issues are up there among the more common ailments. Digestive conditions are also some of the most uncomfortable of common health problems.
Thankfully, there are lots of natural remedies for digestion discomfort, remedies that one can implement from home.
What Causes Digestive Problems?
Digestive problems are widespread, with some experts in the field believing that about 60 to 70 million Americans struggle with chronic digestive discomfort. The most common causes of digestive issues include:
- Poor diet.
- Unhealthy lifestyle.
- Underlying medical issues.
- Medication side effects.
- Food intolerance.
Some of the causes of digestive ailments can be remedied by lifestyle changes, (e.g., changing one’s eating habits). Other digestive conditions may be genetic or hereditary. These types of ailments will require a more intensive approach in their treatment.
While there are undoubtedly prescription medicines for digestion, some may want to take a more natural route and avoid cumbersome pharmaceutical side effects. Luckily, there are lots of ways to improve digestion naturally.
Here are some common digestion problems, followed by natural and holistic remedies for them:
- Mild stomach discomfort
Here are some tools and strategies you can implement right away to improve digestion:
- Take a walk. An infamous “cure-all” for more than just digestive issues, going for a walk or engaging in gentle exercise can ease bloating, gas pains, constipation, etc. Furthermore, simply being upright and moving about helps move food through the digestive system.
- Relax. Stress has been proven to have a powerful effect on the digestive system. An unsettled stomach is often a direct result of stress, as there is a definitive and direct connection between physical health and mental well-being. Therefore, reducing stress can have a positive effect on one’s digestive system.
- Reduce gas. Gas within the body comes from swallowing air. That can happen due to eating certain foods or drinking certain beverages (carbonated drinks are a significant contributor to gas buildup). Chewing gum and eating too quickly also contributes to gas. While it is true that some amount of gas is helpful, too much can cause digestive discomfort. One should try to refrain from eating or drinking in a way that produces gas. Also, gently rubbing one’s belly can help move gas through the body, should a buildup occur.
- Drink mint tea. Mint tea is a fantastic home remedy for indigestion and nausea.
- Eat more fiber. Fiber has a wide range of health benefits, one of which is improving digestion and regulating healthy bowel movements. Examples of foods that are rich in fiber include whole grains, fruits, vegetables, beans, etc.
- Eat fermented foodstuffs. Fermented foods are rich in microorganisms called probiotics. Probiotics are healthy bacteria that help improve digestion. Examples of fermented foods include yogurt, kefir, miso, sauerkraut, sourdough bread, etc.
- Avoid certain foods. Just as some foods can help improve digestion, others work against digestion. If one is experiencing digestive discomfort or problems, they should avoid processed foods, significantly spicy food, overly fried foods, highly acidic foods, excessively sweet foods, caffeine, alcohol, etc.
Immune Solution – Creator of the Best Supplements for Digestion
Almost everyone experiences some digestive discomfort at some point, whether it is an acute symptom or a recurring condition.
Not only can digestive problems be uncomfortable, even painful, but digestive issues indicate a more significant problem going on within one’s body. For example, when one’s digestive system does not operate as it should, that means the individual is not getting the nutrients they should be getting from the foods that they are eating. A digestive system that is not functioning correctly is a digestive system that will not process food completely. That robs the individual of the full range of health benefits they could be getting from the food they are eating.
That’s why it’s so critical to maintain good digestive health on a daily basis. At Immune Solution, we’ve created an excellent, 100% natural bromelain supplement, an Ayurvedic medicine that improves digestive health naturally.
You can order bromelain direct from our website, with free shipping and no tax on all orders. And if you have questions about our products, where to buy in-person, or how our supplements may benefit you or someone you care about, send us an email or call our office at (727) 768-4688.
Cheers and wellness,
Immune Solution Writing Staff