As the autumn weather begins to set in and as cold & flu season looms, more and more Americans are looking at how they can increase their body’s immune response. Rather than taking drugs & medicines that have potentially harmful side effects, lots of people are looking for a natural immune boost. That’s something of a specialty for Immune Solution®!
What You Can Do to Strengthen Immunity
Luckily, there are several ways you can increase immune response naturally. Following are 9 tips to a healthy immune system, all without ever having to take a drug, medicine, or see any doctor or specialist.
(Keep in mind everyone’s immune system responds differently and to different efforts on their part to improve immune response. We cannot provide medical advice or tell you these approaches will work for you. However, we can confidently say the following techniques have worked for others in the past, and they may work for you as well).
- Get Adequate Sleep. When your body is asleep, it recharges, healing itself and replenishing essential functions and systems. Each adult needs a certain amount of sleep for their body to function properly, and that amount usually ranges from seven to nine hours. And sleep does a lot more than just recharge and heal the body. Sleep also has a direct connection to immune function. One study found that adults who got insufficient rest (fewer than six hours each night) were more likely to catch a cold than those who slept more than six hours.
- Eat More Plant-Based Foods. Whole foods like fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and legumes are rich in nutrients and antioxidants. Antioxidants, in particular, have a direct effect on aiding immune function. Antioxidants eliminate free radicals, unstable compounds within the human body that can cause numerous health conditions & ailments. Furthermore, plant-based foods are high in fiber, which feeds the gut microbiome. A healthy microbiome means boosted immune response, as a healthy gut is often the first line of defense against pathogens, germs, and bacteria.
- Add Healthy Fats to Your Diet. Healthy fats from foods like olive oil and salmon have the beneficial effect of boosting immune response by reducing inflammation. Inflammation within the body can suppress immune response, making one more likely to get sick if exposed to pathogens. Adding healthy fats to your diet assists in keeping inflammation down. That makes the immune system’s job more manageable.
- Add Fermented Foods and Probiotic Supplements to Your Diet. Fermented foods are quite rich in probiotics. Probiotics populate the digestive tract and help fend off bacterial infections. Probiotics can be found in foods like yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, kefir, and natto. According to one study, children who drank fermented milk daily had about 20 percent fewer childhood infectious diseases, compared with children who did not consume probiotic-rich foods.
- Limit Sugar Consumption. Consuming sugary foods and refined carbs can contribute disproportionately to obesity and excess body fat. Being obese also increases one’s risk of getting sick. Curbing sugar intake decreases inflammation, aids weight loss, and reduces risks for chronic health conditions like diabetes and heart disease.
- Get Regular Exercise. Moderate exercise can boost the immune response. It’s important not to overdo it, as too much exercise can suppress the immune system. But 150 minutes of exercise per week can help immune cells regenerate more quickly.
- Drink Plenty of Water. While hydration does not protect one from getting sick, dehydration does open the door to infection and a hampered immune function. Dehydration can cause headaches, hinder physical performance, impede focus & mood, and inhibit kidney & heart function. All of these factors increase one’s chances of getting sick.
- Reduce Stress Levels. According to recent studies, there is now a proven, direct relationship between stress levels and suppressed immune cell function. You should do everything you can to improve your mood and reduce stress. As a side note, Immune Solution® created a 100% Natural Ashwagandha Extract supplement, known for aiding sleep and reducing stress levels!
- Take Immune Boosting Supplements. Thankfully, there are many natural supplements you can take to give your immune system a boost. One supplement, in particular, zinc, has been proven to reduce the duration of the common cold for those who were taking it while they had a cold, compared to those not taking the supplement while they had a cold.
Immune Solution’s Natural Zinc
Immune Solution® has perfected zinc supplements to create a 100% Natural Zinc remedy. Simply stated, this concoction of nutrients and pure zinc gives your body what it truly needs. Potential benefits include:
- Immune system support.
- Antioxidant boost.
- Restore sensory perceptions (taste/smell).
- Reduce skin problems.
- Fight baldness.
- Speed the healing process.
- Improve mental clarity.
- Improve muscle mass and libido.
- Testosterone boost.
- Improve mood, energy, and hormone function.
We hope you try a bottle, and it helps you stay safe and healthy.
As always, if you have any questions about our supplements and other health products, feel free to give us a call at (727) 768-4688. Or you can email us directly at email@example.com and also send us a message via our website’s convenient contact form.
Here’s to a safe, healthy, illness-free flu season!
Immune Solution® Writing Staff