As autumn is now in full swing, the days are getting shorter, the nights are getting longer, and the temperatures are dropping. Cold and flu season is right around the corner, and given the hectic nature of 2020, millions of people are looking for ways to improve immune health and, in general, lessen their chances of getting sick.
So what can you do to better protect your health?
Follow These Tips to Help Your Body Stay Healthy
Most medical experts would agree that your first line of defense in protecting your immune system lies simply in choosing a healthy lifestyle. In fact, following health guidelines is, by itself, the single best effort you can take to boosting immune health. Why? Because the immune system thrives when the body does not always have to fight contaminants and foreign assailants.
Keeping your body healthy and well allows the immune system to stay entirely free, available, and ready to tackle any foreign bacteria, viruses, or other pathogens that might make their way into your body.
And as a bonus, there is a mountain of additional health benefits that you will experience, simply by maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Here are some tips to consider implementing into your day-to-day life:
- Do not smoke cigarettes or consume tobacco products.
- Eat a diet that is high in fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly, every day if possible.
- Maintain a healthy weight. And if you have to lose weight, lose it in a natural, healthy way. (By the way, our team at Immune Solution has a unique, all-natural supplement for weight loss!)
- Drink alcohol only in moderation, if at all. If you do choose to drink, do not exceed one drink per day.
- Get adequate sleep at night.
- Take steps to avoid infection by washing your hands frequently, cooking your food thoroughly, avoiding touching your face, and avoiding large crowds when possible.
- Do your best to minimize stress.
- Eat more whole foods and avoid processed, artificially-flavored, and excessively sweetened foods.
- Eat more healthy fats. Healthy fats can boost immune response by decreasing inflammation. Healthy fats are found in olive oil and salmon, as well as chia seeds.
- Eat more fermented foods that are rich in probiotics, like yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, kefir, and natto.
- Cut out sugar. Not only does sugar have a direct, harmful effect on immune response, but sugar also contributes to obesity. Obesity and unhealthy weight, in general, has a direct impact on reduced immune response.
- An additional note on exercise: Moderate exercise helps boost cardiovascular function and, in general, helps move blood, oxygen, and nutrients through the body. Getting the heart pumping for a few minutes every day is highly beneficial for proper immune response.
- Drink plenty of water. While proper hydration does not necessarily protect one from illness, dehydration does open one up to infection. Unfortunately, dehydration can cause a range of different types of headaches. Dehydration can hinder your physical performance, reduce your ability to focus, worsen your overall mood, lessen digestive function, and hamper heart and kidney function. All of these complications can increase your susceptibility to illness and foreign bacteria, viruses, and pathogens.
Immune Solution’s Raw Organic Kamut Wheatgrass Blend – A Scientifically Proven Boost to the Immune System
While we cannot make any promises or guarantees that our products will solve or cure anything, we can happily announce that many of our products have been known to boost immune health. One product, in particular, is our Raw Organic Kamut Wheatgrass blend.
Like many natural health products, wheatgrass is one of those health supplements that has been in use for centuries. Human beings have long recognized wheatgrass since tribal days for its miraculous health properties. And in the last few years, there is now a scientific consensus to back up the belief that wheatgrass benefits the immune system and does a host of other, positive things for the human body.
For example, consider the following quote from the Journal of Biological Chemistry:
- “Wheatgrass contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids, polysaccharides, and large amounts (70%) of chlorophyll. In line with folk sayings, the health benefits of wheatgrass may include improved digestion, blood pressure reduction, heavy metal detoxification from the bloodstream, immune system modulation, and gout alleviation. Several papers have indicated that wheatgrass has anti-tumor activities (1), anti-oxidant properties (2), and a therapeutic effect on distal ulcerative colitis (3). In addition, wheatgrass may help prevent some disorders, including diabetes and heart disease (4).”
The full study published in the above, cited journal delivers a powerful presentation into the physiological nature of wheatgrass and exactly how the grass benefits the human body, down to a molecular, chemical level.
To give yourself a head start in boosting your immune health as we head into the colder months, why not give Immune Solution’s Raw Organic Kamut Wheatgrass a try? Tasty, wholesome, and a 100% natural supplement with no artificial additives or fillers of any kind, our proprietary wheatgrass blend gives your body the nutrient boost it needs to help you stay healthy year-round.
Let us know how else we can help you achieve your health goals! Please send us a quick message using our contact form, or call us at (727) 768-4688.
Stay healthy and well out there,
Immune Solution Writing Staff