When seeking ways to improve general health and wellbeing, many people often come across zinc supplements. Zinc is thought to be a universally beneficial dietary supplement. We’ll take a look at what zinc is and what it does.
Zinc supplementation is becoming more important now than perhaps ever before. Why? Because it’s getting more difficult for the average person to consume enough zinc trace minerals in their day-to-day diet, hence the growing need to supplement.
But what is zinc? And how is the mineral beneficial?
The following is a clear, concise definition of zinc, cited from the MedicineNet dictionary:
- “A mineral that is essential to the body and is a constituent of many enzymes that permit chemical reactions to proceed at normal rates. Zinc is involved in the manufacture of protein (protein synthesis) and in cell division. Zinc is also a constituent of insulin, and it is involved with the sense of smell. Food sources of zinc include meat, particularly liver and seafood; eggs; nuts; and cereal grains.”
Zinc is a critical component of human growth, function, healing, metabolism, and immune response. While zinc is available in many foods, if one is not getting enough of these foods due to food availability, allergies, or taste preferences, a daily zinc supplement may be needed.
What Can Zinc Do For You?
Liquid natural zinc plays a significant role in metabolism and enzyme function. That’s why a zinc deficiency can have severe implications. Conversely, a zinc boost has the potential to greatly enhance metabolism and enzyme efficiency.
If one is deficient in zinc, their body’s metabolic function will not operate properly, or at least it will struggle to do so. Zinc deficiency leads to poor enzyme function, which in turn affects metabolism. Enzymes are the biological catalysts that influence virtually every part of the human body’s day-to-day processes. When enzyme and immune function is hampered, that can lead to disruptions in the following:
- Epidermal (skin) system
- Gastrointestinal system
- Central nervous system
- Immune system
- Skeletal system
- Reproductive systems
Last but not least, as our food sources have become gradually less and less healthy over the years, it’s been found that a significant percentage of the population does not get enough zinc in their day-to-day diet and general food consumption. This is true even in wealthy countries that have access to healthy food. Across the world, foods rich in zinc are becoming more rare, replaced with processed and genetically modified foods.
An increasing deficiency of zinc in food is causing many to look for the best zinc supplement as an alternative. And while a zinc supplement will likely have a range of positive benefits, there is no way to guarantee any such benefit, and the Food & Drug Administration has not listed zinc as being a “cure” for anything.
However, we can list out the potential benefits of zinc. The following are the benefits that we’ve seen proven in scientific studies or that we’ve heard our customers talk about:
- An immune system boost. Zinc naturally strengthens immune response, with the potential for protecting people from getting sick when they are exposed to pathogens, bacteria, or viruses.
- Antioxidant function. Zinc is a natural antioxidant agent. Zinc helps eliminate free radicals within the body, protecting one from certain diseases like heart disease, lung disease, certain forms of cancer, etc.
- Sensory perception booster. Zinc can help restore loss in both taste and smell senses.
- Skin and hair growth. Zinc helps improve skin health and it stimulates hair growth. Zinc can help alleviate certain skin irritants as well.
- A mental aid and cognitive boost. Zinc helps reduce mental lethargy and sluggishness, helping to improve cognitive function and mental acuity.
- Muscle and libido booster. Zinc also has the potential to aid muscle growth and increase libido, particularly in men.
- Testosterone supplement. For people suffering from testosterone deficiencies, zinc supplementation may be able to boost testosterone levels.
- Mood, energy, and hormone benefits. In addition to the above, zinc has also been known to significantly enhance mood, improve energy levels, and balance out hormones.
Immune Solution’s Natural Zinc gives your body the crucial nutrients it needs. Insufficient zinc harms metabolic reactions, enzyme function, immune response, and so much more. By itself, zinc supplementation has the potential to solve many of the problems connected to zinc deficiency.
With cold and flu season just around the corner, don’t hesitate to give your immune system the support it needs to fend off seasonal illnesses. Order your bottle of Natural Zinc today, and enjoy free shipping and no tax of any kind!
Our helpful staff here at Immune Solution are always interested in hearing from you. If you have any questions about our products or how best to use them, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. You can call us any time during regular business hours at (727) 768-4688. Or you can fill out our convenient contact form, and one of our employees will reach out to you directly.
Stay healthy out there!
Immune Solution Writing Staff