“High blood pressure.” It’s one of the most frequently discussed medical conditions, but few people understand just how severe (or how common) this health condition is. According to the American Medical Group Foundation, high blood pressure (also called hypertension) is one of America’s most prevalent health crises. About 68 million Americans (that’s one in every three American adults, by the way), has high blood pressure.
By itself, high blood pressure can cause an assortment of health problems. High blood pressure means that the cardiovascular system is not functioning correctly, that blood vessels and arteries are not allowing blood to flow properly throughout the body. This phenomenon ends up putting considerable strain on the heart, causing blood pressure to go up and causing the heart to work much harder to pump blood through the body. When this condition worsens, it can lead to heart attack, stroke, and heart failure.
By itself, high blood pressure is the direct cause of nearly 1,000 American deaths per day.
Thankfully, there are steps that Americans can take to lower blood pressure naturally. Not every approach works for every person who attempts it, but some techniques tend to be reliable and effective.
Defining Terms – the Basics of Cardiovascular Health, Blood Pressure, and Nitric Oxide
Understanding the harmful nature of high blood pressure and how one might naturally lower blood pressure is essential. It’s best to begin by defining a few, basic terms. These are:
- High Blood Pressure. According to the American Heart Association, high blood pressure is defined as follows: “High blood pressure (HBP or hypertension) is when your blood pressure, the force of your blood pushing against the walls of your blood vessels, is consistently too high. In order to survive and function properly, your tissues and organs need the oxygenated blood that your circulatory system carries throughout the body. When the heart beats, it creates pressure that pushes blood through a network of tube-shaped blood vessels, which include arteries, veins and capillaries.”
- Nitrates. According to Study.com, nitrates are defined as: “Nitrates are inorganic compounds made up of nitrogen and oxygen, NO3 (one nitrogen and three oxygen molecules).”
- Nitric Oxide. According to Healthline, “Nitric oxide is a molecule that’s produced naturally by your body, and it’s important for many aspects of your health. Its most important function is vasodilation, meaning it relaxes the inner muscles of the blood vessels, causing them to widen and increase circulation. Nitric oxide production is essential for overall health because it allows blood, nutrients, and oxygen to travel to every part of your body effectively and efficiently. In fact, a limited capacity to produce nitric oxide is associated with heart disease, diabetes, and erectile dysfunction.”
Beets are a natural source of nitrates. When beets are consumed, the nitrates within the beets are converted to nitric oxide as soon as they hit the stomach. From there, the nitric oxide (now in a gas form) spreads to the blood veins and then flows through the body. The gas helps improve blood flow and takes some of that burden off the heart. Not only does that lower blood pressure, but it also improves stamina, endurance, and libido.
When people get older, their cardiovascular function is inhibited simply due to old age and the health complications that are generally associated with aging. This effect is then exacerbated by poor dietary choices and a lack of exercise. And while nothing makes up for a good, well-rounded diet and daily exercise, adding beets to one’s diet can be a great way to potentially lower blood pressure and improve general health and vitality.
Raw Organic Beet Root – The Healthy Boost Your Body Needs
In Part #2 of this series, we’ll go into more depth on the importance of beets in one’s diet and what beets can do to boost performance, endurance, and libido. But to close out Part #1, we’d like to announce two specials our team at Immune Solution is currently offering, both of which include our Raw Organic Beet Root Juice Powder:
- For a limited time, when you buy one tub of Beet Root Powder, you can get one bottle of our Fat Burner for half price! Add each item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied during checkout.
- Also for a limited time, when you buy a Large-size Organic Kamut Wheatgrass and an Organic Beet Root Powder together, you’ll save an additional $10.00! Again, simply add each item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied during checkout.
We grow and process our organic beets using our proprietary system to prevent any oxidation during the delicate, involved stages of drying the beet roots. That allows for maximum oxygenation of the beet root powder within the body (as little to no oxygenation occurs during the beets’ drying and processing). That maximizes the beneficial effects of the beet root nitrates.
Without a doubt, our commitment to natural health and maximizing organic beets’ inherent benefits gives you the best beet root powder on the market!
And last but not least, don’t forget to check back next week for Part #2 in our series on organic beets, nitrates, nitric oxide, and the immense health benefits of our Organic Beet Root Juice Powder!
Immune Solution Writing Staff