In part #1 of this series, we took a look at what acidity and alkalinity mean. We listed out the liabilities of being acidic, and we talked about how vegetables are the body’s best source of alkaline nutrients.
In this section, we’ll examine which foods to be mindful of, and we’ll also look at a natural health food product that makes getting one’s daily vegetables a lot easier.
Acidic Foods – What to Be Mindful Of
Just like we did in Part #1 of the series where we listed out of over 60 alkaline foods, We’ll kick off Part #2 with a list of over 50 acidic foods. The most-acidic foods appear in the first thirty or so items, and the just “mildly-acidic” items are towards the end of the list:
- Coffee & Black Tea
- Fruit Juice (Sweetened)
- Rice Syrup
- Soy Sauce
- Dried Fruit
- Farmed Fish
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Fresh, Natural Juice
- Brown Rice
- Rye Bread
- Wholemeal Bread
- Wild Rice
- Wholemeal Pasta
- Ocean Fish
- Whey protein powder
When an individual consumes too much of the above foods (or does so without also consuming alkaline foods), that causes acidity to build up in their digestive system, (which can lead to a long list of health problems).
Remember, consuming some of the above foods is not a problem. The problem lies in making the above foods the building blocks of one’s daily food intake. Fruits, vegetables, and other alkaline-based foods should be the foundation of one’s diet, with the above foods being supplemental or “bonus” foods.
What is an Overly Acidic Stomach?
An overly acidic stomach is simply one where the stomach acid and other aspects/components of the stomach exceed the necessary acid levels to digest food properly. An overly acidic stomach can lead to peptic ulcers in the stomach and intestine and a host of other problems. Many factors can cause excessive stomach acid, but the most common cause is maintaining a diet that is too high in acidic foods and too low in alkaline foods.
Some of the side effects of an overly acidic stomach include:
- Abdominal discomfort (this can appear in many different forms and can differ in severity)
- Nausea, vomiting, or stomach cramps
- Bloating, especially after eating
- Decreased appetite, often for several days at a time
More severe side effects of an overly acidic stomach can include:
- Peptic ulcers: A common occurrence when high stomach acid is allowed to continue for too long, ulcers refer to sores that can develop when too much gastric acid builds up and begins to dismantle the stomach’s interior lining.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): GERD is another term for acid reflux. Simply stated, it is a condition in which stomach acid backs up into the esophagus, causing an uncomfortable, burning sensation.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding: As the name implies, this condition involves bleeding anywhere in the digestive tract.
Kamut Wheatgrass Helps Address Severe Acid Problems
People whose bodies are overly acidic may experience:
- Tiredness and lethargy
- Dragging and low energy
- Weight gain
- Being grumpy or generally moody
- Sugar cravings
Kamut wheatgrass helps prevent the unpleasant side effects and health conditions that come with an overly acidic diet while also providing a host of healthful benefits to the digestive system and the rest of the body.
Immune Solution’s Kamut Wheatgrass can:
- Help reduce severe acid problems.
- Improve gut health.
- Help the digestive process.
- Feed good gut bacteria and make the gut healthier.
- Improve bowel movements.
- Restore alkalinity to the body.
- Neutralize acid and make the body more alkaline and less acidic.
- Normalize body functions and provide an anti-inflammatory element.
- Cleanse the blood, detox the liver, and help eliminate body odor and bacteria.
- Help clear the skin of blemishes.
- Increase strength and energy while reducing sugar cravings.
- Help aid weight loss efforts and improve blood sugar disorders.
Making a Proactive Effort to Boost Alkalinity and Improve Digestive Health
Kamut wheatgrass is a multivitamin in nature. It’s a natural whole food, provided to us by nature without us having to do anything to it but deliver it to you in the most natural form possible. One-hundred percent whole and organic, Kamut Wheatgrass is nature’s gift to our digestive health. Our customers who have used this product have told us that Kamut helps improve their mood and even helps their gums and teeth! It truly is a universal health boost.
To order Immune Solution’s Organic Kamut Wheatgrass Powder, visit our wheatgrass product page, and add the product to your shopping cart. (For a limited time, we are offering a bonus sale! Buy either size of our Organic Wheatgrass, and get one bottle of our Fat Burner product for 1/2 off! Add both products to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically calculated during checkout).
Here’s to a healthy digestive system and proper body alkalinity!
Immune Solution Writing Staff