Extreme fatigue. Exhaustion. Tiredness. Laziness. Lethargy. Sleepiness. This phenomenon has many names, but they all refer to a very specific condition — feeling tired & sleepy, regardless of how much sleep you got.
From one medical source, fatigue is defined as such:
“Fatigue is a lingering tiredness that is constant and limiting. With fatigue, you have unexplained, persistent, and relapsing exhaustion. It’s similar to how you feel when you have the flu or have missed a lot of sleep. If you have chronic fatigue, or systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID), you may wake in the morning feeling as though you’ve not slept. Or you may be unable to function at work or be productive at home. You may be too exhausted even to manage your daily affairs.”
Fatigue can be caused by many things or a combination of factors, from allergic reactions to anemia, depression, fibromyalgia, chronic kidney disease, liver disease, lung disease (COPD), and more.
However, what does it mean if you feel tired all the time and don’t have any of the mentioned health conditions?
In that scenario, exercise and inflammation can be contributing factors, though it’s very likely the blame is there’s something wrong with your diet. Either you’re eating or drinking things that contribute to restlessness, or you’re not getting the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals you need to have a peaceful, restful sleep.
Diet and Sleep
What you eat and don’t eat does affect your sleep. Most experts agree eating foods that spike blood sugar levels directly affects sleepiness & fatigue. If you consume foods or beverages that contain sugar or caffeine shortly before going to bed, these substances will likely spike your blood sugar levels and make it more difficult to fall asleep and stay asleep. Conversely, if you consume these substances during the day, you may feel a rush of energy at that time (due to spiked blood sugar levels), but it will often be followed by an energy crash shortly after. Such a crash can make you feel tired & lethargic, even if you had a good night’s sleep the night before.
Most experts agree you should avoid or limit junk foods high in sugar or fat, especially late at night. Being overweight, smoking, and drinking alcohol can also promote sleepiness during the day or poor sleep at night. Combining any of these aspects together can lead to chronic fatigue.
As touched on earlier, caffeine plays a significant role in sleep. Most people take caffeine in one form or another to help them perk up. And in moderation, caffeine can help improve alertness and energy. But too much caffeine can have negative effects, including insomnia and dehydration. And yes, dehydration is also a cause of sleeplessness, which can easily be corrected by drinking more water. People who consume too much caffeine should certainly switch from caffeinated beverages to water.
Exercise and Sleep
Besides your diet playing a significant role in tiredness and restlessness, how much you do (or don’t) exercise can also have a detrimental effect. Quoting one medical periodical,
“Some of us are simply tired with no medical cause. The good news is that exercise may give us a boost. Studies consistently show that people who engage in regular exercise feel less fatigue than those who don’t. When exercising for energy, stay in the low-to-moderate exertion range, such as walking, yoga, or light resistance training to fight fatigue.”
Anti-Inflammatories and Sleep
There is also a growing body of evidence there is a link between inflammation and lack of sleep. Quoting researchers Hab, Herpich, and Norman,
“Accumulating data indicates a link between a pro-inflammatory status and occurrence of chronic disease-related fatigue. Current available research is indicative, regarding the effectiveness of individuals’ use of single nutrients with anti-inflammatory and fatigue-reducing effects.”
In layman’s terms, that means there is a connection between inflammation and tiredness or difficulty sleeping. Thankfully, Immune Solution offers several products that directly promote full and restful sleep, reduce inflammation, and cut sugar cravings.
Four All-Natural Health Products to Help Promote Restful Sleep
When you’re having a difficult time sleeping at night, when you’re not feeling well-rested, when you’re tired all the time or constantly feeling lethargic and drained, all these unwanted phenomena can come about as the result of consuming foods or beverages you shouldn’t consume — especially not right before bedtime. But if you cut from your diet the bad food, sugar, coffee, and caffeinated, artificial foodstuffs and still have trouble sleeping, your body may well be missing a key nutrient, vitamin, and/or mineral.
- Following are four all-natural Immune Solution premium health products our customers have specifically stated helped them receive a full, restful night’s sleep:
1. Raw Organic Kamut® Wheatgrass Blend – Juice Powder. An all-natural, heirloom seed, ancient wheatgrass, Immune Solution’s proprietary wheatgrass blend contains several crucial nutrients & healthful ingredients. Organic Kamut® Wheatgrass cleanses the body by detoxing the blood, which cuts sugar cravings and adds essential vitamins & nutrients to the bloodstream, and improves gut health, which aids in the digestive process and helps counteract acid reflux — a factor leading to sleepless nights and lost sleep for millions of Americans! Simply stated, Immune Solution’s Raw Organic Kamut® Wheatgrass Blend helps address many of the issues that cause tiredness and lack of sleep, thereby promoting restful sleep.
2. 100% Natural Ashwagandha Extract. Another healthful supplement from Immune Solution! Ashwagandha helps boost immune function and plays a crucial role in reducing cortisol, a brain chemical that promotes nervousness, anxiety, and stress — all sure to result in wakeful restlessness. Many people take Ashwagandha specifically as a natural sleep aid. Quoting one study,
“Compared to the placebo group participants, the participants receiving Ashwagandha had significant improvement in sleep quality.”
Immune Solution’s 100% Natural Ashwagandha Extract supplement neutralizes the effects of anxiety & stress and helps soothe the body as a natural adaptogen & antioxidant.
3. 100% Natural Broccoli Seed Extract. A natural source of tryptophan, broccoli can help you fall asleep and stay asleep. Tryptophan is usually thought to only come from protein-rich foods like poultry, fish, and red meat, but broccoli is a great way to receive tryptophan without having to eat meat. Quoting one article on the benefits of broccoli,
“Poultry, fish, and meats are among the best sources of tryptophan, but you’ll also get it from the broccoli. Your body converts tryptophan into the neurotransmitter serotonin, which helps stabilize mood. Serotonin is then turned into the hormone melatonin. Melatonin regulates your sleep cycle by being produced and released based on the amount of light in your environment.”
4. Natural Zinc. Liquid natural zinc plays many roles in the body, including assisting metabolic function, boosting more than 300 different enzyme systems. A lack of the mineral zinc within the body can lead to dysfunction in the gastrointestinal, central nervous, immune, skeletal, and reproductive systems. When these systems are not functioning properly, it can easily lead to interrupted or restless sleep. Natural zinc not only enhances metabolism but helps support the immune system, serves as an antioxidant, reduces mental lethargy & sluggishness, and promotes proper hormone levels. Much like Immune Solution’s Raw Organic Kamut® Wheatgrass Blend, our Natural Zinc helps address many of the biochemical & physiological problems that may be inhibiting sleep.
Let Us Know How Else We Can Help!
The folks at Immune Solution are always interested in providing useful advice & helpful tips for how you can live the healthy, fit, in-shape life you want to live! In addition to over two dozen all-natural health products promoting reinforced immune function, natural weight loss, skin care, and body rejuvenation, we also offer free information through our blog. And we recently began creating free, 60-120 second videos covering the highlights of each blog post, as we did herein. Check ’em out!
And if you wish to further know how these and other Immune Solution premium superfood products can best benefit you in living your best healthful life, please call our office at (727) 768-4688. Or send us an email to email@example.com.
Immune Solution Writing Staff