Autumn is officially upon us, meaning multi-million dollar marketing efforts are being pushed to get Americans to consume pumpkin everything. To that point, did you know Starbucks sells more than 20 million pumpkin spice lattes each year? In fact, the chain has sold over 600 million pumpkin spice lattes since the drink debuted in 2003. For a beverage containing at least 50 grams of sugar, that’s a lot of sugar, chemicals, fats, and artificial flavorings Americans consume!
Why Do We Crave Sugar?
Sweets just taste good. And rewarding yourself with sweet treats can make you crave sugar even more. The problem comes not when we indulge in a sweet treat now & then, but when we overdo it; that’s easy to do when sugar is added to many processed foods, including breads, yogurt, juices, and sauces. And Americans do overeat it, averaging 17 teaspoons of added sugars per day, according to the American Heart Association, which recommends limiting added sugars to no more than 6% of calories each day — about 100 calories (6 teaspoons) per day for most women and 150 calories (9 teaspoons) per day for most men.
This autumn, we at Immune Solution® are encouraging people to do right by their bodies, leave sugary foods behind, and choose healthier options.
Tips for Reducing Sugar Intake During Autumn
Following are six simple strategies for consuming less sugar this autumn:
- Combine foods. Some experts recommend combining some sugary foods with healthy foods as a good way to ease off sugar. Rather than eating sugary foods by themselves, experts recommend dipping a banana in chocolate or mixing chocolate with almonds as great ways to start one’s journey to reducing sugar consumption.
- Limit consumption. Limiting consumption is one of the first steps to cutting back on sugar. Rather than a pint of ice cream as a midnight snack, try for just half of a pint. Go for a regular-size candy bar instead of the king-size version.
- Grab a stick of gum. Like those trying to quit tobacco or other unwanted habits, chewing gum has been shown to help people reduce sugar cravings.
- Skip artificial sweeteners. Artificial sweeteners don’t necessarily lessen sugar cravings, and they have many other unhealthy chemicals and additives in them.
- Be mindful of your daily food habits. For one week, pay particular attention to your cravings and what you do to address them. Diet mayhem often results from a lack of planning. Certified addiction specialist Judy Chambers said, “Slow down, plan, and eat what you intend to eat, instead of eating when you’re desperate.”  Make meal plans and stick to them, including small allowances for some sugar.
- Get an “accountabilibuddy.” An accountabilibuddy is someone you can look to, who can hold you accountable for your decisions. In your quest to reduce sugar consumption, find someone who also wants to reduce their sugar consumption, and agree each of you will hold the other accountable for this goal.
If Your Heart is Set on Pumpkins, Try Immune Solution’s Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder
Rather than a pumpkin spice latte, why not try a healthier alternative? Immune Solution’s Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder is packed with superfoods and offers a whopping 33 grams of protein per serving — single-source, pure, non-GMO, raw, paleo, and vegan plant protein. From the creator of Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder, Immune Solution® founder/owner Jackie Page:
“Protein performs many vital functions. It’s the basic building block of life, is vital to immune function and every aspect of metabolism. Most people do not consume and/or properly digest it in optimal amounts. Use this high-quality, clean, sustainable, REAL-FOOD protein from organic, cold-pressed pumpkin seeds to ‘beef up’ your protein intake without needlessly harming any creatures or the planet.”
To celebrate a nutritional supplement that provides our customers with a healthy meal replacement during a time of year when we could all benefit from eating healthier, Immune Solution® is currently running a promotional price special where customers who purchase our best-selling Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder (with Superfoods!) can also purchase/receive 36% OFF our 100% Natural Fat Burner (a $10 savings!). Immune Solution’s Fat Burner is a 100% safe & natural slimming therapy, with absolutely no side effects. This amazing formulation of wonderful herbs burns the fat in your body and provides a sustained weight loss effect, unlike most other slimming methods. Visit our Limited-Time Promotions page for more information on this and other price promotions.
If you’d like more information on these or our other health & wellness products, or if you want to know how else to cut cravings and promote a healthier diet, please call our office at (727) 768-4688. Or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s to enjoying good pumpkin foods this autumn!
Immune Solution® Staff Writer
 CNBC. “Want free coffee? A fashion company could buy your pumpkin spice lattes this year—and pay you an extra $350.” CNBC, Sep 2022. cnbc.com
 Starbucks. Menu/Hot Coffees/Pumpkin Spice Latte. Nutrition. Starbucks Coffee Company, 2022. starbucks.com
 American Heart Association. “What is the Added Sugar Recommended Limit Per Day?” American Heart Association, Nov 2021. heart.org
 Diabetes Self-Management. “Craving Carbs.” David Spero, BSN, RN, Aug 2011. diabetesselfmanagement.com