According to data gathered by Progressive Grocer and the Chicago-based research institute Information Resources Inc., dollar sales of chocolate candy in the U.S. are up 6.2%, while non-chocolate candy sales are up 5.3%. Those same research institutions recorded the autumn season of 2021 had the highest-ever candy sales in history, with 2022 being on pace to beat 2021’s record.
There’s no doubt Americans are buying more candy, with autumn being the peak candy-consumption season. How do folks cut candy cravings and lead healthier lives when Spooky Season rolls around?
Tips for Cutting Sugar Cravings
Thankfully, there are best practices for fighting sugar cravings Americans can use to counteract immense marketing efforts and social incentives to eat sugary food this fall. Here are a few tips:
- Go cold turkey. The simplest tactic may be difficult to achieve, but when it works, it really works! Some experts say people who completely quit snacking on candy & sweets for 48-72 hours will notice a restructuring of their taste buds where: a). sugar no longer tastes as good to them, and b). they no longer crave sweet foods as much.
- Reach for the fruit. Fruit offers fiber, nutrients, vitamins, and some minerals. And fruit is also sweet. Fruit is a great compromise for people who want to quit candy but still snack on sweet treats throughout the day.
- Go for a walk. When a craving strikes, some experts advocate getting up & taking a walk around the block to take your mind off a sugar craving.
- Choose quality over quantity. If you consume some sugar, it’s better to eat a small amount of quality food rather than a large quantity of poor-quality food. For example, a small serving of dark chocolate is far better than a king-sized candy bar.
- Eat regularly. Waiting too long between meals can push one toward sugary, fatty foods that reduce hunger. Instead, eat small meals every 3 to 5 hours to prevent irrational eating behavior and binge eating.
- Eat the right type of food. Foods rich in protein, fiber, whole grains, and vegetables have been shown to keep blood sugar in check and help reduce cravings for sugary, fatty foods.
Remember, quitting or reducing sugar intake is a process. It can take some time, and there can be slip-ups along the way. Be persistent. Your body will thank you for it.
Raw Organic Kamut® Wheatgrass, a Healthy Supplement for Reducing Cravings
In addition to improved gut health, restored alkalinity, and potent detoxification, one of the many health benefits of Immune Solution’s gluten-free Raw Organic Kamut® Wheatgrass is promoting weight loss, as it contains the nutrients your body needs to cut sugar cravings. From the creator of our Raw Organic Kamut® Wheatgrass, Immune Solution® founder/owner Jackie Page:
“Our gluten-free Raw Organic Kamut® Wheatgrass Blend – Juice Powder (the best wheatgrass powder) wheatgrass is grown in nutrient-rich, organic soil, watered with mineral springs, and harvested at the peak of nutrition. Kamut® is a superior non-GMO, non-crossbred, nutrient-dense heirloom-seed Egyptian wheatgrass.”
To celebrate a nutritional supplement that cuts sugar cravings during a time of year when we could all benefit from reducing sugar consumption, Immune Solution® is currently running a promotional price special where customers who purchase our best-selling Raw Organic Kamut® Wheatgrass Blend – Juice Powder (large) can also purchase/receive 36% OFF our 100% Natural Fat Burner (a $10 savings!). Immune Solution’s Fat Burner is a 100% safe & natural slimming therapy, with absolutely no side effects. This amazing formulation of wonderful herbs burns the fat in your body and provides a sustained weight loss effect, unlike most other slimming methods. Visit our Limited-Time Promotions page for more information on this and other price promotions.
If you’d like more information on these or our other health & wellness products, or if you want to know how else to cut cravings and promote weight loss, please call our office at (727) 768-4688. Or send us an email to email@example.com.
In the meantime, let’s have a happy & healthy Spooky Season!
Immune Solution® Staff Writer
 PG. “Increased Demand for Candy Expected this Fall.” Progressive Grocer, 2021. progressivegrocer.com