GUILT-FREE CINNAMON CHIP PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES
Made with IMMUNE SOLUTION® ORGANIC PUMPKIN SEED PROTEIN POWDER (with Superfoods!)
These healthy cookies are super easy to make. Enjoy!
Recipe yields 16 cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats or 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup Immune Solution® Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder (with Superfoods!)
- 3/4 cup Stevia Extract Baking Blend sweetener (if preferred, use coconut sugar, regular sugar, or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, allspice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups cinnamon chips
- optional topping choice: preference of pumpkin seeds (pepitas), chocolate or white chocolate chips, or chopped almonds, cashews, pecans, or walnuts, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray sheet with cooking spray). Set aside.
- If using rolled oats, use food processor or blender to grind to a flour-like consistency.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Create a well in center of dry ingredients, in which to stir together wet ingredients. Then stir entire mixture together, stirring until batter-like & sticky. Mixture will initially seem very dry; keep stirring.
Note: Use spoon to press wet pumpkin mixture into dry flour; all will become batter-like but sticky.
- Fold in cinnamon chips.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet, using 1/8 cup (or 2 tablespoons) per cookie. Continue this process until all dough has been scooped, yielding approximately 16 cookies.
Note: Dough is very sticky; it helps to dampen fingers and use them to flatten dough slightly, as it won’t spread much.
- Optionally, press preferred topping (pepitas, chocolate chips, nut pieces, etc.) into each cookie before baking,
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until set.
- Remove tray from oven, and allow cookies to cool before eating.
NOTE: Unlike most cookie recipes, these Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies do not store well at room temperature beyond a day. Because of the canned pumpkin puree and how moist these cookies are, they tend to get sticky when kept at room temperature for very long. Therefore, it’s best to store the cookies in the refrigerator after the first day.
Immune Solution® Director of Marketing