For many, October is a special season, with Halloween themes and “Spooky Season” vibes on full display. However, the season also marks a shift to cooler months and a tendency to eat comfort foods and sugary snacks.
Millions of Americans struggle with getting good, healthy food around this time of year, especially as summer’s fresh fruits and vegetables go out of season and the snack food and Halloween candy of autumn take over supermarket shelves. That’s why, now more than ever, Americans must be more mindful and take full responsibility for healthy living.
The Impact of Unhealthy Food Couldn’t Be More Clear
America is facing an obesity epidemic, a critical public health emergency resulting in many ways from an unhealthy food supply. According to researchers at the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation:
- “An estimated 160 million Americans are either obese or overweight. Nearly three-quarters of American men and more than 60% of women are obese or overweight. These are also major challenges for America’s children – nearly 30% of boys and girls under age 20 are either obese or overweight, up from 19% in 1980.”
While the United States only accounts for about 5% of the world’s population, it is home to at least 13% of the obese and overweight people on the planet. In addition to hampering day-to-day quality of life, being overweight puts one at risk for numerous health problems, all of which are exacerbated when people become overweight at an early age. To that point, the lead author of the research cited above, Marie Ng, Assistant Professor of Global Health at IHME, said:
- “The rise in obesity among children in the U.S. is especially troubling. We know that there are severe health effects related to childhood obesity, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and many cancers. We need to be thinking now about how to turn this trend around.”
Many factors have brought about the obesity crisis, but the first step to correcting it will be for Americans to start getting the nutrients they need without excess chemicals, additives, sugars, and artificial flavorings.
Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder Provides Essential Nutrients to Tackle the Day
Immune Solution’s Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder is a pure, single-source, raw, paleo, and vegan non-GMO plant protein. For busy people who don’t have much time to cook, this protein is perfect for getting the protein they need to tackle their day. It is filling and nutritious, helping to prevent daily snacking on unhealthy foods.
And perhaps best of all, Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder can be put into anything. Immune Solution founder Jackie Page adds a little of the powder into mashed potatoes, but that’s just one way to supplement with the protein. Quoting Jackie:
- “Most people do not consume and/or properly digest it [protein] in optimal amounts. Use this high-quality, clean, sustainable, REAL-FOOD organic protein powder from cold-pressed pumpkin seeds to ‘beef up’ your organic protein powder intake. The best part is you don’t need to needlessly harm any creatures to get the protein you need! Add a serving or more to your preferred beverage (coconut milk is ideal) plus some ice and/or some frozen fruit, blend, and enjoy! The mild nutty flavor is also great in yogurt, soups, baked foods, and more.”
In addition to being a great meal additive or stand-alone meal, Immune Solution’s Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder is also chock-full of superfoods, making it the best vegan protein powder available. Just a few of the superfoods included in the powder are:
- Barley Grass
Immune Solution’s Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein has no gluten, grain, soy, dairy, or sugar. And no artificial anything! It does however contain a balanced and complete amino acid profile with 3.5G of BCAAs (essential amino acids).
Why is Protein Powder an Important Way to Promote Good Health?
When people are hungry and time is of the essence, they’re likely to grab whatever is easily accessible, and that’s usually something not too healthy. Immune Solution’s Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder allows people to prepare a full meal in as little as 1-3 minutes. In addition to being a full, sustaining meal rich in vital nutrients, this powder combines its superfood ingredients to provide potential benefits like:
- Enhanced energy levels
- Improved mood and sleep
- Better collagen production
- Improved ocular (eye) health
- Improved skin and bone health
- Cell oxygenation and blood sugar control
- Enhanced prostate, sperm, and bladder health
- Hormone balance and better immune function
Immune Solution’s Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder provides people with the protein and nutrient-dense superfoods their bodies need to function properly. Rather than consuming Halloween candy and extremely processed, unhealthy foods, reach for a bottle of Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder to start the day right.
As always, please get in touch with us if you have any questions or want to learn more about our products. Remember, it’s up to you to make the positive changes you’d like to see in your health, but we’ll be here to help guide the way.
Here’s to a healthy autumn,
Immune Solution Staff Writer
 IHME. “The vast majority of American adults are overweight or obese, and weight is a growing problem among U.S. children.” The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, 2014. healthdata.org