Did you know that, according to the Economic Times, the average American consumes approximately 3.4 pounds of candy on and around Halloween? The average child consumed about 7,000 calories before, during, and immediately after Halloween, including about three cups of sugar.
Americans eat too much candy, sweets, processed foods, and high-calorie foods during Halloween. And it’s costly, too. Americans spend about $10 billion on Halloween candy yearly, or $102 per customer.
Further, if Americans tended to indulge in candy around Halloween, that would be one thing. However, studies show that the consumption of candy and sugary foods is increasing annually. What began as a seasonal tradition of eating a lot of sugary sweets around Halloween is now a weekly, sometimes daily, tradition for millions of Americans.
Thankfully, Immune Solution has a way you can enjoy “Spooky Season” in an approach that is fun, creative, and nutritious.
Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder is a Tasty Nutritional Supplement
Immune Solution’s Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder goes great in almost anything, from mashed potatoes to yogurt, soup, coconut milk, and frozen fruit. But did you know you can also add the protein to baked goods? Immune Solution has a great recipe for pumpkin spice cookies. These healthy cookies can be supplemented with Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder for an extra health and energy boost.
The recipe is simple enough. For the ingredients, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats or 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup Immune Solution® Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder (with Superfoods!)
- 3/4 cup Stevia Extract Baking Blend sweetener (if preferred, use coconut sugar, regular sugar, or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, allspice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups cinnamon chips
The recipe is easy to follow. All you need to do is:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray sheet with cooking spray). Set aside.
- If using rolled oats, use a food processor or blender to grind to a flour-like consistency.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients to stir together wet ingredients. Then, stir the entire mixture together, stirring until batter-like & sticky. The mixture will initially seem very dry; keep stirring. Note: Use a spoon to press the wet pumpkin mixture into dry flour. It will become batter-like but sticky.
- Fold in cinnamon chips.
- Scoop dough onto a baking sheet, using 1/8 cup (or 2 tablespoons) per cookie. Continue this process until all dough has been scooped, yielding approximately 16 cookies. Note: Dough is very sticky; it helps to dampen fingers and use them to flatten the dough slightly, as it won’t spread much.
- Optionally, press preferred topping (pepitas, chocolate chips, nut pieces, etc.) into each cookie before baking,
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and allow the cookies to cool before eating.
Rather than going overboard with Halloween candy this October, the above recipe is homemade, nutritious, chock-full of protein, tasty, and perfect for the season, as it’s a pumpkin spice recipe made with real pumpkin seed protein! Immune Solution’s Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein has no gluten, grain, soy, dairy, or sugar. And no artificial anything! It does however contain a balanced and complete amino acid profile with 3.5G of BCAAs (essential amino acids).
Visit this webpage for more information on the recipe and how best to store any leftover cookies.
Commit to Healthy Eating this Autumn
Summer may be winding down, but that’s no reason to give up on the beach body. Spooky season is a fun and exciting time that should be celebrated, but why not make it a healthy season, too? Immune Solution’s Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder has superfoods like moringa, baobab, spinach, beets, rosemary, alfalfa, and barley grass, plus 33 grams of single-source, pure, non-GMO, raw, paleo, vegan plant protein with each serving.
Imagine getting all those nutrients when eating a cookie!
The sky’s the limit in all the ways you can add Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder into your day. It is an excellent way to get the protein and nutrients your body needs, all while eating healthy and avoiding harmful chemicals and additives.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions or want to learn more about our products. Commit to a healthy autumn. Your body deserves it!
Here’s to a healthy Halloween and beyond,
Immune Solution Staff Writer
 ET. “Halloween Candy: How Much is Too Much?” Economic Times, 2022. economictimes.indiatimes.com